Linksys Firmware update helps in fixing the bugs and enhancing the functionality of the router. It’s important to keep your Linksys device’s firmware up to date because to fix the issues you may go through while using it. The latest version of the firmware downloaded from the Linksys Support site also contains enhanced device features that may not be available in the previous versions.
Following are the ways you can keep your Linksys Routers Firmware Updated:
- Using the Check for Updates button
- Enabling Automatic update
Using the Check for Updates button
- Access the Linksys server account. When the web interface opens, click on Connectivity.
- When the router successfully detects the firmware update, then you are able to download and install the firmware on your device. Click on the ‘Click here’ link to upgrade.
- NOTE: If you see the ‘No updates found’ message, it means that your router’s firmware version is already updated.
- Now on the Update firmware pop-up box, click on Yes.
- Your router will be starting to update the firmware.
- IMPORTANT: When the updation is in process, do not power OFF the router or close the browser window to prevent from corrupting the firmware of the router.
- QUICK TIP: In case you redirected to try again later, the server can be slow or not available for that moment. You have to try to update the router once again at a later time to resolve this issue.
- The Router Reboot screen will appear. Click on Ok to continue.
- NOTE: The router will reboot in just a few minutes.
- When the firmware is successfully updated , click on Ok on the displaying Firmware update complete screen.
Enabling Automatic update
- Access your Linksys server account. When the web interface opens, click on Connectivity.
- NOTE: Don’t worry if you don’t have a Linksys server account, access your router’s web-based setup page via opening a internet browser and on the address bar entering “http://myrouter.local” or “192.168.1.1” and pressing [ENTER].
- Look for the Firmware Update section, under it check the box to enable the Automatic firmware update option. Once it’s done then click on Apply to save the changes.
- NOTE: The automatic firmware update feature is by default disabled on Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Routers .
- Whenever you are online, the router will able to detect available updates to apply on your device.
- Now on the Update firmware appeared box, click on Yes.
- Your router will start updating the firmware.
- Router Reboot box will pop up on the screen. Click on Ok to continue.
- Wait till the router reboots, this usually takes a few minutes.
- When firmware updation is done, click on Ok on the showing Firmware update complete screen.
- You now have updated firmware on the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
- QUICK TIP: For more information related to updated drivers for the particular operating system, you can go to the Release Notes on the Downloads tab of the Linksys device’s product page.